English Grammar Article (Determiner) Part III
English Grammar plays an important role in ascertain success in any competitive exam like Banking, SSC, UPSC, PSC. English Grammar helps in scoring the merit marks.
Vocabulary and Grammar have close relation because without Grammar Vocabulary is useless and without Vocabulary Grammar is useless. In order to understand the Applied Grammar it is necessary to fully understand the rules in order to use it properly. So in gktrick.in we are providing topic by topic Grammar rules with practice questions and pdf . In continuation of this series , today we are providing you English Grammar Article Determiner Part III which is a Part and Parcel of English Grammar Article Determiners part I and II .
Article Determiner part II में हमने Definite Article Theके बारे में देखा। और English Grammar Article Determiner Part III में
The zero article (Omission of Article ): (X) को डिसकस किया जायेगा । जिसने भी हमारे पिछले blog को miss किया उनके लिए यहाँ पिछले blog का link share कर रहा हु,
Article दो प्रकार के है :
Indefinite Article : A/An
Definite Article : The
The zero article (Omission of Article ): (X)
1.Plural Countable Nouns: X Girls do better than X boys at school
Some people want X chips with everything
2 . Uncountable (always singular): X Butter makes you fat
3 Abstract Noun (always singular ) X Honesty is the best policy in the world.
4. Proper nouns: X Jagdish lives in X London
5. Abbreviations : often acronyms (i.e. words made from the first letters of other words), include:
Organizations: ___X__NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization).
Chemical symbols: ___X__H2O (water).
Acronyms which form ‘real words‘: BASIC (Beginners’ All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code);
radar (Radio Detection And Ranging).
6. Occupations: ___X__Doctors always support each other.
7. Animals: ___X__Dogs are known for their loyalty.
8. Insects:___X__ Ants are found everywhere in the world.
9. Plants: ___X__Trees are the source of life to man.
10. Products:___X__ Electric Cars are going to capture the market very soon.
11. Zero article + uncountable nouns (always singular)
- Food: I take ___X__lunch at 2 pm.
- (Exception 1:When any adjective (quality) of food has been given : Yesterday, I took a very tasty lunch with my cousin.
- (Exception 2: When one is invited for food : I was invited to the dinner given in the honour of the CM
- Drinks:___X__ Water is a precious gift of nature.
- Substances: ___X__ Iron is a leading production material.
- Colors:___X__ Red has high wave length.
- Activities (In Gerund Form-ing):___X__ Walking is good for health.
- Sports/ Games:___X__ Hockey is played all over the world.
- Languages:___X__ English is spoken all over the world .
- Collections: It is a myth that ___X__ Money is the root of all the evils.
12.No Article is used before the name of a person.
___X__ Gandhiji was born in 1869.
Exception 1: When name is used as a common noun/ class or used as a simile; Indefinite Article is used.
We need a Mahatma Gandhi to save the country.
Exception 2: When any name is referred or made particular:
___X__Sachin is called the Bradman of India.
13. Zero article for seasons
Birds bloom in Spring .
14. Zero article for festivals:
___X__Diwali is celebrated all over the country,
15. Zero article for Language and subjects
Art, Biology, Chemistry, Geography. History, Physics, etc.:
___X__English is spoken all over the world.
The English spoken in Asia is different from that of Europe.
Sub Rule : (The + Language refers to the community or clan)
The English have ruled over the world.
16. Other combinations with the zero article
A Zero article with the units of the day and night
at dawn, at dusk, at daybreak, at twilight, at sunrise, at sunset, at noon, at midnight, at night
(Exception : in the morning, in the evening, in the afternoon)
B. Zero article for nouns related to common destinations like ‘school’, ‘hospital’, bed, church, class, college, court, market, prison, sea, town, university, work, cathedral, factory, mosque, office, when refer to their ‘primary purpose’,
- I go to ___X__school by bus.
- Yesterday, I went to the school to pay his fee. (Article ‘The’ is used when referred to the secondary purpose.
C. Zero article for the mode of transport(by+ vehicle)
by boat, by bus, by car, by air by bicycle, by bike, by coach, by land, by plane, by sea, by ship, by tram, by tube,
We travelled all over the country ___X__ by bus
(Article ‘The’ will be used with the mode of transport when used with ‘on or in’)
He came here on the local bus.
I go to college in the new car.
D. Zero article in fixed phrases
arm in arm, come to light, face to face, from top to bottom, hand in hand, keep in mind, make friends, make fun of
E. Zero article for ‘pairs’ joined by ‘and’
day and night, father and son, husband and wife, light and dark, young and old, pen and ink, sun and moon
F. Zero article or ‘the’ with place names
17. No article is used with the name of a place, but the is used with the title like : bay, canal, channel, gulf, kingdom, ocean, republic, river, sea, strait, union. The is often omitted on maps.
- The peaks of Mountains : ___X__Mount Everest, ___X__Mont Blanc, ___X__Mount K2
- Mountain ranges: – the Alps, the Himalayas, The Aravali
- No Article is used with the names of Countries: India, China, England, Germany.
- But with Unions and associations or plural in form or meaning; Article The is used.
The Republic of India, The United Kingdom, The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
Exception: Countries/ States : The Punjab, the Netherlands, the Philippines, The Sudan, The Yemen
18. No Article will be used with Determiners Like:
Each, Every, Either, Neither : All Distributive Determiners
This, That, These, Those : All Demonstrative Determiners
My, Our, Your, His, Her, Its, Their: All Possessive Determiners
__x___each student of__x___ this class has submitted ___x___ his project.
For more Grammar rules and Video Course by Satish Sir Subscribed and download ExamFanda App.
हमारे अन्य महत्वपूर्ण पीडीऍफ़
10000 General Knowledge Questions / सामान्य ज्ञान की शोर्ट ट्रिक्स\ हिंदी व्याकरण Book और साहित्य Notes PDF/ HSSC Group D Question Paper in Hindi PDF/ Lucent (सामान्य विज्ञान) Book PDF Hindi and English/ Bipin Chandra Important History Book in Hindi PDF /. अर्थशास्त्र Important Notes In Hindi For SSC PDF/ 2020 General Knowledge (सामान्य ज्ञान) Book in Hindi Free PDF Download / Lucent Collection Of 1000 Important GK In Hindi Questions Answers PDF Download /English Grammar Article (Determiners) Part II
Maths Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here
English Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here
GK/GS/GA Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here
Reasoning Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here
Download e books > Click Here
History Free PDF > Click Here
Hindi Grammer Topicwise Short Tricks > Click Here
Geography handwriting Free PDF > Click Here
History handwriting Notes > Click Here
Genral science Handwriting Notes Download > Click Here